Ardabil province is the land of Sabalan, with its gushing hot springs. The beautiful Ardabil province with its unique natural and historical attractions is one of the interesting regions for tourism in Iran. The most important feature of this province is its pleasant and cool weather of this region during spring and summer seasons. Ardabil province is at the northernmost point of Iran. As a part of Azerbaijan region, this province makes up the eastern, northeastern and southeastern sides of it. Mugan plain, which is in this province, has fertile soil and special importance. On January 11, 1993 the bill to make Ardabil a province was passed in the Islamic Consultative Assembly. And on April 11, 1993 this province was separated from the Eastern Azerbaijan province and was made into an independent province. The border length of this province with the Republic of Azerbaijan is about 369 kilometers. Ardabil province, having a pleasant climate, many ancient and historical relics and tens of mineral hot springs is one of the top 10 tourism destinations in the country.
The relative density of population
According to the senses of the year 2016 the number of Ardabil province population was 1270420 people, 866034 of which equivalent to 68% were living in urban areas and 404236 people of them equivalent with 32% were living in Rural areas. During this period of time the share of province out of the whole population of the country has been 1.66 percent; and from this point of view the province has allocated the rank twentieth to itself in the whole country.
Population density in Ardabil province equals 71 people per square kilometer. Counties of Ardabil and Parsabad with 219.7 and 119 people per square kilometer have allocated the greatest of the population number per square kilometer for themselves. County of Nir with 19 people per square kilometer is considered the city with the lowest density in provincial level.
– Weather Conditions
In total there are three types of weather in Ardabil province:
- Half wet and cold climate areas of central, southern and western province areas of the province
- Cold and wet weather that has gripped mountainous, western and southern areas of the province.
- Dry and temperate climate of the northern part of the province.
Based on meteorological data lowland areas of Darreh Rood, Aras, Dashteh Moghan and the facades of
The slopes of Sabalan are the coldest areas of the province.
– Mineral Waters of Ardabil Province
- Series of modern mineral waters such as Iranian Compex, Sabalan, Pehenlou, Gahvesooee and other mineral waters such as Gaavmish Goli, Sari Soo, eyewater, Gara Sou (water for nerves), General water, Shafa souee, and Beshbajilar.
- Series of modern mineral water theraphies such as Iranian Complex, Sabalan, Pehenlou, Ghahva Souee, and other hot or warm waters such as Gaav mish Goli, Sari Soo, eye water, Gara Sou (nerves water), Water General, Water Shafa, and Besh Bajilarl,
- Series of mineral and hat waters of Meshkin Shahr: such as, Gotour Sooee, Shaabil, Gainarjah, Ilanlou, Movil, Malek Souee and Agh Sou and Valeh Zir
- Sardaabeh and Ghayieh Sooee
- Borjlou hot and mineral water and Ghainarjah in Nir county
- Mineral water of Beeleh Daregh in the slopes of Sabalan
- Khalkhal and Kosar warm and mineral waters
– Lakes of Ardabil Province
- Shourabil Lake
- Neur Lake
- Shor Gol Lake
- Noshahr Lake
- Aaloucheh Lake
- Kamiabaad Lake
- Molla Ahmad Lake
- Gara Sou Swamp which is waterfowl habitat
– Mountains and Rivers of Ardabil Province
Sabalan Mountains whose peak i.e. Soultan Savalan with a height of 4811 m is the third highes point in Iran. Funnel-shaped crater of this mountain has become in the shape of a very aesthetically pleasing lake and its margins are covered with ice and snow during the year. In addition to Sabalan Mountain, Baghrou Highlands (Talesh), Salavat Mountain, Khorouslu are also among the high mountains of the province.
- Aras (Araz)
- Gara Sou (Black water)
- Darrah Rood (Valley River)
- Kheyav Chaaee (Kheyav River)
- Namin Chaaee (Namin River)
Anbaran’s Kilim, Jajim, shawl, Anbaran’s Masnad, Pottery, wood like diaphoretic industries, Pottery, wood like diaphoretic, embossing and woodturning, leather and carpet products (Ardabil’s Gooba rug is very famous), Crochet, carpet, saddle bags, shiny leather (shiny leather and some kind of mat for sitting on containing colors and plans adapted from beautiful nature of Azerbaijan, are woven mostly by Şahseven tribes of Moghan Plain). Among the handicrafts of the province Masnad (some kind of pillow for sitting on) of Namin is internationally famous and is considered as important export items of the province to other points Iran and foreign countries.
– Advantages and Capabilities of Ardabil Province
- Enjoying the natural attractions, cultural and historical (lakes, rivers, mineral waters, monuments and cultural heritage, etc.) as the field of tourism development.
- Existence of Rangeland resources, diverse vegetation for the development of forestry activities, animal husbandry and beekeeping.
- Existence of rich resources of the soil for developing the Mechanized farming activities at provincial level.
- High production of agricultural products as the ground for development of processing industries and packaging.
- Existence of border and customs terminals (co-border with Azerbaijan) to develop commercial activities.
- Availability for mineral resources and deposits such as Rubble stone, travertine, marble, calcite, copper, silica and…
- having a variety of horticultural crops produced in the cities of the province.
- Availability for foreign investment by neighboring countries and adjacent areas of the province.
- Availability for regional exchange in the province and field of activity in the capital market.